Wednesday, August 8, 2012

libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory


In my Ubuntu Linux, I was trying to call Java from C++ using JNI. Compiling progress was succeed but at runtime I saw an error on concole:

libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Finding the right solution took five seconds but it was quite easy. I modified the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable using export command in the Linux shell:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/jre/lib/i386:/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/jre/lib/i386/client

The location of JDK is always changed because of updates but Ubuntu stores the links of current JVM in default-java directory. It is /usr/lib/jvm/default-java in my Linux. Two directories must be added to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The first one is jre/lib/i386 and the second one is jre/lib/i386/client or jre/lib/i386/server in default-java directory. Use of export solves my problem.

Good luck!


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your information. I get this error too in my Ubuntu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! It was such a pleasure to visit your blog and especially to read this post. Will you be so kind and provide an answer to my question. Have you ever practiced guest blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you man!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I solved this too.
    It works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend
    your site, how can i subscribe for a blog site?
    The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been a little
    bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept

    ReplyDelete

Thanks